I have a tub of 'skins' all pre-prepared (ie I'd had a binge knit and knitted a few).
So the first step in starting Elizabeth Witch was selecting a body, arms and pair of feet.
The hands needed to be knitted up, as it was in making up the pirate that I discovered the "fingers problem" as detailed in an earlier post.
The body was then stuffed.
I made the feet using the new size of sole template and attached them.
Then the hands were attached to the arms and the arms sewn up, carefully packing the stuffing around the pipecleaners, and attached.
where I discovered the first mistake in the witch pattern. For the nose, the
pattern asks for some SS starting with a knit row, it should be purl. I decided against giving her hairs sticking out from her wart.
Her hair was made using the same four-finger loop stitch as the pirate, but after cutting the loops I separated
the strands in the yarn - this took a very long time.
Now to start on her clothes.
All cast on and ready to go.