Ok, we know by now I don't shirk at a challenge, so I've set myself a challenge and given myself a year to complete it.
Years ago I crocheted a rather filet shawl, a year or two ago I had a go at a couple of granny squares, a month ago I had a go at amigurumi, in the last two weeks or so, a bag. And so a bigger challenge is in order.
In Sue Whiting's Crochet Bible is a rather lovely project called Heirloom Bedspread (incidentally this is where the Peruvian Style Bag also came from). It is formed from 255 motifs in 4-ply cotton using a 2.5 mm hook.
One motif done, 254 to go ....
Bags of Crochet
Because of the non-turning/turning, I had to rip back and start again - luckily before I'd got too far.
Then there was the issue of weaving in ends. I initially started doing that after every few rounds or so. Then I'd discover a mistake in the pattern and have to rip back, which is actually quite difficult with ends weaved in. I decided to leave that until the end.
Today, I have spent mostly weaving in ends.
Of course, the mistakes didn't end there; I joined together the wrong handles at first <sigh>
After all that, it might be a while before it gets lined, but it's finished (and so am I for the rest of the day).
A Little Cute Something