I decided on a larger crochet project as I'd got my head around arimugumi.
And I thought I'd make something for myself, so I decided on a bag.
To add some spice, I went for something that involved multiple mid-row colour changes - always after a challenge!
Well, it wasn't as quick, or as easy as I'd thought something made purely of double crochet would be.
First, multiple colour changes meant dealing with lots of strands. I finally settled on a method whereby I would strand across 4 stitches maximum otherwise join a new strand in.
Second, I didn't realise quite how important the 'turn' was at the end of each round - to match the handles the 'turn' had to be done.
Then there was the issue of weaving in ends. I initially started doing that after every few rounds or so. Then I'd discover a mistake in the pattern and have to rip back, which is actually quite difficult with ends weaved in. I decided to leave that until the end.
Today, I have spent mostly weaving in ends.
Of course, the mistakes didn't end there; I joined together the wrong handles at first <sigh>
After all that, it might be a while before it gets lined, but it's finished (and so am I for the rest of the day).