OK, he's naked.
However, he is knitted, sewn together (I soo hate that bit) and stuffed.
The pattern is from 'Knitted Pirates, Princesses, Witches, Wizards & Fairies' by Annette Hefford. a Christmas present from my parents (blimey, they really got it right last year).
What I am aiming for is in the picture below - Samuel Crowe - but I've had to make some changes to the original pattern. Especially the hands.
The pattern for the hands in the book does not work, you just can't make anything acceptable with it as it stands. However, if after each turn row for the digits you add a knit and purl row along all the stitches, then repeat the turn row, you do indeed get what you need.
I've also added a pipecleaner down each digit and they go most of the way up the arms. He'll be able to grip his sword now!
I've started on his clothes. His coat is garter stitch and I've had to rip back and start again a few times as the edge really needs to be neat! I am so sloppy at the edge if I'm not concentrating and that's where tension matters.
Next update - when his coat is done