Whatever to do with the total disasters?
I knitted an owl hat. Lovely, I thought. The intarsia wasn't great, but I was out of practice and it made a good practice piece. A successful run and I could make a couple more.
The idea was sound and looked pretty good in the pattern picture. A simple square hat and the corners stick uppish like feather 'ears'.
I used a different yarn to that specified., but it came together quite well (apart from a few intarsia issues). So far so good.
Then I finished/blocked it - ie threw it in the washing machine. Now, I knew the acrylic yarn would come out lovely and soft, but it came out too soft and drapey. It could be said that I could knit another and not completely block it, or block it at all, but a hat is of no use if you can't just throw it in the washing machine. If I made another, I would have to get a different yarn.
It got put to one side and after two unfortunate outcomes in a row, I had to knit a pig (could be worse!).
But I've come up with an idea - car seat headrest cover!
Facing front: an anti-theft device
Facing back: scare kids in the back seat